Space buns are the best hairstyle you can find suitable for all times and seasons, combining the cheerful atmosphere of the 90s with the fun of festivals. Of course, space buns were one of the best hairstyles in 2020, and the trend is growing with the start of 2021.
We’ve put together this article to guide you on how to do space buns hairstyles step by step?. And surprisingly, there are so many different ways to wear and tailor space buns to suit you – whether your hair is long, naturally short, smooth, thick black, curly.
Here are 21+ perfect space buns hairstyles 2021 to try now. Keep reading to discover the hottest hairstyles that will be showing everywhere this year.
21+ Cool Space Buns Hairstyles
Start by taking a comb, and you can use it to create a zig-zag parting or high ponytails from the front of your hair to the back of your neck. To give your space buns a unique and textured look, take a small section of hair from underneath one of the ponytails. You can make it in as little as 5 minutes, which makes it practical for everyday wear. Ready to learn how to make space buns?
Space buns are the perfect update if you’re looking for something out of this world more than a ponytail or a high knot. Casual, fun, and trendy space buns hairstyles look great whether you are going to a music festival or watching Star Wars with friends.
Since it seems like space buns hairstyles are not leaving our orbit anytime soon. We will also show you how to make half braided space buns so that you have some different Hungarian hairstyles to choose from. Don’t worry – making buns hairstyles in space isn’t rocket science.
What are Space buns hairstyles?
Space buns hairstyles are a huge draw for women in modern hairdressing trends. The Urban Dictionary defines space buns as “a hairstyle worn by Princess Leia in the Star Wars movie A New Hope. We can only add that this lovely hairstyle is worn and loved by many Hollywood stars as well.
Are space buns Still in trend 2021?
Yes, space buns hairstyles Still in trend 2021. Space buns were a hugely popular hairstyle from the 1990s and have recently returned to the trend. The hairstyle features two buns with popular styles including, braided buns, half variants, or the lower half. Loved by stars from Miley Cyrus to Ariana Grande, space buns hairstyles are the perfect way to add a little fun to your style whether you’re headed to a summer festival or a final party before the 2021 end.
Can I make space buns with bangs?
Yes, you can create space buns hairstyles with bangs easily. Buns are a great way to add dimension and extra spice to any hairstyle, but making space buns hairstyles will bring you a whole new world of glamor. Join us in the search for sophisticated ways to style your hair with unusual buns. Bangs give bun hairstyles a one-in-a-million flair, and you can’t go wrong with either of these styles.
Is it easy to make space buns?
Of course, space buns hairstyles are excellent and straightforward to do. It is perfect for women who want to look younger and childish. Space buns leave a lot of room for creativity by using braids or regularly at the top of your head.
How To Do Space Buns?
- Start with brushing: While this step may seem self-explanatory, it is perfect to start with brushing to ensure it is free of any tangles or knots.
- Divide your hair into two equal parts: You can do this step by creating a medium section.
- Make sure your part is as straight: It can be with the same amount of hair on the side as this can make or break the look of space buns hairstyles!
- Gather a section: Place your hair in a ponytail to the top of the back of your head. Make sure any burrs are flattened during the process. Your position can be adjusted based on your preference.
- Create an identical ponytail: Once you’ve created a ponytail to one side of your part, create a ponytail on the other side. Make sure to reverse your position – you don’t want your space cakes to be out of balance!
- Create your space buns hairstyles: you’ll need to wrap a length of hair around the base of your ponytail. Hold this newly formed cake in place while pinning it down. Make sure to use bobby pins that match your hair color to get a seamless look! Repeat on the other side.
- Finish off the look: By spraying a little hairspray on your skin – you don’t want all of the hard work to be wasted! That’s it – unless you want to decorate your space cupcakes for a truly dreamy performance.
- Add Color: The fun hairstyle pairs perfectly with fun colors, don’t you think? Temporary hair colors will disappear from both lines in just one shampoo – making them the perfect choice for not sticking to this space bun hairstyle. If you don’t want to fully embrace color, you can also apply washed hair color along with your roots – this is one of our favorite holiday season looks!
- Add shine: Glitter Roots is not only a huge hair color trend right now, but it’s also a perfect way to help your space bun style pop straight out of the Milky Way. Simply spray some sparkle along your roots and seal the deal with some hairspray – easy, super easy!
- Add fun hair ties: When everything is said and done, there is no easier way to add your own personal touch to a space bun hairstyle than some fun hair ties. Get rid of the clear elastics and take out all of your cuffs, coils, and bows!
1. Bantu Knots
Give yourself the best ’90s makeover with five Space Buns hairstyles. Inspired by the Bantu knot, an African hairstyle where the hair is wrapped in a bun-like knot.
The Five Space Buns are back in style in 2020 and are becoming more popular. Great for the summer months, these buns always grab attention and look great when paired with accent shades, makeup, or jewelry.
2. Space buns with box braids
Space buns hairstyles with box braids have a great afro punk vibe that is perfect for ladies who want to stand out from the gang.
Equipped with the simplest of both worlds, you’ll be able to accentuate the long, beautiful, and edgy box braids while rocking her eye-catching space buns. With a bold ’90s and early 2000s feel, pair it with throwback accessories like colorful shades and a cheongsam pattern shirt.
3. Space buns with braids
One of the best space bun hairstyles is bow-shaped buns with braids. Like other braided bun styles, it involves braiding your double Dutch hair from the back to the crown while making the bow bun from the front section.
It’s equally cool for babies, making it a perfect choice for mommy and me pics or a matching hairstyle to celebrate your little one’s birthday.
4. Mini Space Buns
If you are trying to find a new hairstyle, mini space buns hairstyles are perfect for fine hair. Best hair styling is often unique because it tends to be very soft, straight, and lacks volume.
However, these mini Space Buns hairstyles do not require any textile products, heat styling, or accessories. They need a trendy 90s look and can be styled in seconds, so they’re perfect if you have a short time too.
5. Space bun with short hair
Space buns hairstyles are versatile and suit all hair lengths, from long to short. If you’ve got a lob, try the half up and half bottom bun style. Cute and lovely, it’s unexpected and adorable thanks to your daily look change.
To bring out extra bun volume, first, create a ponytail and use a backcombing technique or mini bun, wrapping the hair around them for a fuller look.
6. Half up half down hairstyle
Yellow hair has been a huge trend over the past year, and this year it hasn’t changed. The color is popular because it symbolizes freedom of expression, and it goes well with any skin tone type. n
If you’ve taken the first step and tried it for the first time, the half up and half down bun style allows you to highlight your new ocean-colored hair while creating the cute mermaid meets pixie look.
7. 90s Space Buns Hairstyles
With 90s trends still fully influencing, it’s easy to ascertain why space bun hairstyles are so popular. All you want to recreate this iconic hairdo maybe a hairbrush, hair ties, hairpins, and hairspray.
8. Space Buns with glitter
Inflate your Space Buns hairstyles for a festival – or a special day – by adding some glitter. The shine looks great with all hair colors and makes your style stand out. For a fun and unique twist, you’ll make the buns themselves sparkly or try a shiny, on-trend parting.
9. Messy buns
For that appropriate casual fighting trend, try Space Buns hairstyles with tendrils. The loose front pieces beautifully frame your face – helping to shape the most flattering hairstyle for round and square face shapes. At the same time, tendrils make the overall look softer and feminine.
10. Space bun with natural hair
Natural box braids buns are also called puffs, puffballs, or pompoms. Extremely gentle and perfect for medium-length natural hair, the styling keeps curls under control while still showing off your gorgeous figure.
Plus, it’s one of the fastest natural hairstyles to try – just slide the sides back and pin the curls into two buns with hair ties. However, like most natural patterns, it’s important not to let your puffs go for too long to keep your edges healthy.
11. Space bun with loose hair
For those with very long and very thick hair, pulling all of your locks into space buns hairstyles is impossible.
12. Space buns With Braid Style
One of the smartest ways to wear space buns hairstyles is to pair them with braids. The braids create a wonderful woven effect while ensuring there is no frizzy hair – perfect for occasions like a private family dinner or attending a wedding.
We hope that you have found the best space buns hairstyles to do on this coming occasion.